Overview: Rankings 2023, Acceptance Rate, Tuition Fees, and Publications
Founded in 1531 by Emperor Charles V, the University of Granada has roots that can be traced back to 1349 when Madrasa Yusufiyya was founded, and university studies began in Granada. Currently, the University of Granada ranks among the best universities in the world, and it is the fourth largest university in Spain, with around 80,000 individuals directly linked to the University.
At UGR, students can choose between eighty-nine bachelor’s degrees taught in twenty-seven teaching centers of the University. Additionally, 121 master’s degrees, 28 doctoral degrees, and 100 complementary courses are offered at the University. Additionally, the University of Granada is one of Europe's most popular Erasmus destinations.
- Commitment to Quality. The University of Granada ranks among the top best universities in the world for a large number of subjects.
- Research Excellence. Research is a primary attribute of the UGR, its growth in scientific production listing it among the top universities in Spain and worldwide.
- State-of-the-art Facilities. URG has a reputation for excellent facilities, infrastructure, and equipment.
- International Mobility. Students at URG can benefit from more than twenty international double, multiple, or joint degrees offered at the University.
- Multiple Student Services. The University features a large number of libraries, accommodation services, residence halls, and a publishing house.
- Inclusion. Students at UGR will study at a university that works towards equal opportunities, non-discrimination, personal autonomy, and universal accessibility.
- The University of Granada (UGR) has established more than 79 spin-off companies, demonstrating its entrepreneurial spirit.
- The UGR accounts for 3.3% of all employment in Granada, thus being one of the biggest local employers.
- The University of Granada provides employment support services to help students enter the labor market.
- The Employment and Work Placement Office at the university provides students with career advice and the necessary career-related information.
- To facilitate the inclusion of students in the job market, the University of Granada has created connections with local and regional companies and relevant stakeholders.
- At the UGR, students can find practical workshops, forums, conferences, interview simulation sessions, and job offers.
- The University of Granada offers an extensive range of services to all students.
- The University has a General Information Office where anyone interested in the university can call.
- UGR has a Social Care Unit that assists students with physical disabilities or learning difficulties.
- Students at UGR can enjoy the four main refectories and thirteen university cafes spread across the city.
- International students at UGR can participate in the Buddy Program or Programa Mentor to receive help regarding their integration at the University.
- UGR also provides Scholarship Services for UGR students receiving study grants from the University, the Ministry of Education, and the Basque government.
The University of Granada runs its own scholarship program, offering an extensive range of study grants. The Scholarship Service at the University manages grants offered to UGR students. Ministry scholarships offered to UGR students include collaboration scholarships (Bachelor’s and Master’s) and scholarships and grants for post-compulsory level students.
Besides Ministry scholarships, UGR students also receive other scholarships like Santander Progress Scholarships, Basque Government Scholarships, Santander Scholarships English up British Council, and Scholarships for the Promotion of the Acquisition and Accreditation of Linguistics Competence B.
University of Granada Bachelor Degrees
University of Granada Master Degrees
Anthropology: Advanced Ethnographic Research (MASIEA)
University of Granada
Arab and Hebrew Cultures: Al-Andalus and the Contemporary Arab World
University of Granada
Erudera's university profiles are auto-generated and improved each week. Although we do our best to make sure we provide accurate information, we do not take responsibility for the content published on this page. Are you a university representative? Please report any inaccuracies or suggest new content for this profile to our support so we can improve the experience for all users.
Get More Information
- Understand whether this university is the right one for your career goals.
- Find out tuition fees for this university's programs and general cost of living.
- Find out the application deadlines, requirements, and procedures.
- Get personalized advice and other supporting information to help you make a decision more easily.