Study Accounting in Spain
Higher education studies in Spain are an excellent choice for international students for many reasons, including low tuition fees and the affordable living standard. The Spanish economy is ranked 8th among the largest globally, making it a great opportunity for international and domestic students to pursue their accounting studies and careers. So, if you want to study accounting in Spain, you’re on the right track to success.
Find your program
Use this search box and filters to browse Erudera's study program database.
Academic qualifications in accounting are sometimes required if one is interested in a career as an accountant in Spain. On the other hand, most employers in the accounting industry do not ask for professional experience since it is not a regulated profession. To work in start-ups or small independent companies, it is recommended that candidates have at least a bachelor's degree. However, most big companies require a higher education degree such as a master's or an MBA.
With a degree in accounting, you can work in any of the following job categories in Spain:
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Financial Controlling
Why Study Accounting in Spain?
The skills that an average accounting student or graduate gains in a Spanish university are valuable for their careers whether they choose to live in Spain or any other country. One of the essential skills that an accountant possesses is working independently, followed by problem-solving skills, sharing ideas in a teamwork environment, and understanding financial-related information.
Entering the accounting industry in Spain can benefit students immensely, both academically and career-wise.
Here are some of the most important reasons to study accounting in Spain:
- Numerous job opportunities. With an accounting degree received in any Spanish university that offers such programs, you can get employment in numerous great companies in Spain and abroad in internationally known companies.
- English-taught programs. Most Spanish universities that offer accounting degrees at any higher education level also offer the opportunity for international students to learn and get a degree with English as the language of instruction. Even then, when studying in Spain, you can always learn the language along the way.
- A large variety of specialization options. Accounting graduates in Spanish universities are equipped with skills and knowledge to specialize in numerous fields, including analysis and management of investments, banking, auditing, consulting, financial management, and investment management for small and large investors.
- Touristic attractions. While studying accounting in Spain, international students can use the benefits of the attractive Spanish landscape and cultural activities that can keep them busy for days. Depending on where you are studying, popular destinations such as Barcelona and Madrid are full of masterpieces and places to visit.
- Internship opportunities. The majority of Spanish business schools offer internships with partnering companies. Employers are prepared to welcome students to work in the professional accounting department and provide them with the experience to further their careers.