Study Digital Communication in Spain
The field of digital communication/digital media includes studies and training in the field of communication and information technology. To pursue a career in the digital industry or work in any related field, one must at least have a bachelor’s degree or higher if required. Studying digital communication in Spain comprises theoretical and practical learning as well as workshops and internships in professional settings. Bachelor's degrees in digital communication in Spain usually last for three years if it is full-time learning. However, part-time studies can last up to six years.
Most digital communication degrees in Spain offer the opportunity to combine with PR courses since it is closely related to the field.
The typical syllabus for a digital communication degree includes the following subjects:
- Art Classes
- Digital Society
- Information Technology
- Social Media
Why Study Digital Communication in Spain?
Spain is one of the most popular countries for international students to choose as their study abroad destination. Digital communication degrees are considered a new field in the Spanish job market, and it is increasingly becoming a high-demand degree program.
Aside from the importance of digitalization in the business world, here are some other benefits of studying digital communication in Spain:
- High-ranked universities. Spain universities are some of the most prestigious European universities globally. Getting a degree in digital communication in one of the many Spanish universities can allow students to work in renowned companies both in Spain and abroad.
- Multiple career opportunities. With a degree in digital communication in Spain, students can join several internships, which are made possible through partnering companies that teach students the necessary skills to work in a professional setting. A digital communication graduate in Spain can pursue a career in content marketing, corporate communication, graphic design, public relations, social media marketing, and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Affordable tuition fees. Spain is home to the lowest tuition costs in Europe. The affordability of higher education is one of the main reasons international students choose to study in Spain. Digital communication degrees can cost around €5,000 to €10,000 per year, depending on the learning format and degree level.
- Flexible learning format. Most universities in Spain that offer digital communication degrees allow students to complete their degrees in an online-learning format or combine both on-campus and distance learning. This option is available for this degree choice, considering that digital communication is mainly done through social networks.
- Gain a set of necessary skills. A digital communication degree in Spain, especially in popular cities such as Barcelona or Madrid, offers students the possibility to gain an in-depth understanding of the industry. The digital communication industry teaches students and graduates communication strategies, mediated communication, social media strategies, personal and corporate brand management, etc.