Study Finance in Spain
The field of finance is considered a broad subject that requires knowledge to understand the concept behind handling the ins and outs of a business or personal monetary transactions. Since Spain is an ideal destination to start or make any kind of business — either within a company or in larger sectors — getting a degree in finance can open the doors to many job prospects. International students who wish to pursue a career in finance in Spain have an excellent chance to learn from professionals and training opportunities.
Find your program
Use this search box and filters to browse Erudera's study program database.
While getting a higher education degree in finance, one can choose from any of the following areas of specialization:
- Business Investments
- Business Accounting
- Personal Financial Management
The average finance degree program in Spain includes numerous courses related to finance, and some of the most common and obligatory courses are listed below:
- Macro and Microeconomics
- International Finance
- International Forecasting
- Financial Management
Why Study Finance in Spain?
Spanish universities offer some of the most prestigious programs to study finance and possibly start a career in Spain. One of the main reasons why international students prefer to pursue their higher education studies in Spain is the flexibility of the degree programs and reasonable academic fees.
Of the many advantages that a finance degree in Spain provides are the skills that graduates gain. Here are some of these skills listed below:
- Mastery of personal or professional money management.
- Understanding of the financial market.
- Basic knowledge of all financial aspects.
Most international students are interested in studying abroad in Spain for many reasons: the low tuition fees, especially in the finance degree programs. The average tuition fee for bachelor's degrees in finance ranges from €800 to €2,500 per year and €1,000 to €3,500 per year for master's programs.
Other benefits of studying finance in Spain are:
- Work in international markets. Considering that Spain is a member of the European Union, international students are constantly embarking on its benefits for their future careers. With a degree in finance in Spain, one has the opportunity to work internationally around the world.
- High-paying jobs. Working in finance or accounting in Spain can be quite rewarding, especially in popular cities such as Madrid or Barcelona, with an average salary of €40,000 per year.
- No Spanish requirement. The field of finance in Spain is mainly related to international business and prepares students for working with companies worldwide. As a result, most finance degree programs offer English-taught courses and English is usually the main language of instruction.
- Numerous job prospects. With a finance degree in Spain, graduates can get a job in any related field in finance or accounting. Some of the most common job options for finance graduates include financial controllers, administration managers, account managers, insurance operation professionals, and commercial directors.