Study Taxation in Spain
Taxation is an essential financial tool for a country's economy to function correctly. Spanish universities offering taxation degrees in higher education require students to understand the Spanish tax system and be willing to learn more about international taxation and operations related to different tax procedures. With a degree in taxation, students who wish to reside in Spain upon graduation can work in government or private companies as accountants.
Find your program
Use this search box and filters to browse Erudera's study program database.
When studying taxation in Spain, students should be able to apply their recently gained knowledge in several aspects of taxation, such as:
- Public Policy
- Financial Management
- Revenue Management
Most taxation degree programs in Spain are at the postgraduate level, meaning that students usually have a prior degree in accounting or finance at the undergraduate level. The master’s degree programs in taxation in Spain typically take around two years to complete, and specializations include:
- Tax Advice and Management
- International Tax Consulting
- Tax Regulations
Why Study Taxation in Spain?
Predictions about tax regulations among European countries mean that the requirements for new taxation experts will be increasing in the next few years. Spain is known to attract more than a thousand international students every year. There are several popular degrees that international students keep choosing to pursue as their higher education studies in Spain, and taxation is one of them.
There are many reasons why one chooses to study taxation in Spain, and here are some of them:
- A wide range of career options. With a degree in taxation in Spain, students are prepared to work in various sectors such as the private and public sectors or become independent experts. Job opportunities range from working in the government, including almost the entire public sector in Spain or working in private companies and NGOs as an accountant or auditor.
- Gain professional skills. As a taxation major in Spain, students and future graduates can complete several tasks and duties depending on the job they are looking for. Some of the skills that taxation students can apply in their future careers include doing an overview of the taxes, managing the administrative sector of a company, staying informed about the daily developments of tax regulations in the country, etc.
- International recognition. Since Spain is an integral part of the European Union, with a taxation degree in any university located in Spain, students can work and cooperate with international organizations and companies.
- High salary. With a taxation degree in Spain, you can get a well-paying job with annual salaries ranging from €45,000 to €65,000, depending on expertise and prior work experience. The estimated salary for tax experts in the next five years is around €50,000 per year, which is a 13% increase from the current situation.
Best Taxation Master's Degrees in Spain
San Pablo CEU University Foundation