Study Anthropology in Germany
An anthropology degree teaches about the development of the human societies and cultures, and investigates the different aspects of the human experience. Germany has some great universities that offer courses in the field of anthropology. Some of these universities receive high ratings in international rankings, so you can choose which one offers what best suits your needs and asspirations for the future. Note that sometimes the university you attend plays an important role in your recruitment.
Find your program
Use this search box and filters to browse Erudera's study program database.
Anthropology programs in Germany will prepare you for a number of careers, including some that are not related to the field of anthropology. As you will develop skills that are transferable to various areas, finding a non-anthropology related job will not be difficult. In Germany, with an anthropology degree you can work in:
- Human Resources
- Social Justice
- International Development
- Cultural Resource Management
- Community Work
- Public Relations
Anthropology graduates in Germany earn good salaries. An anthropology graduate in Germany earns an average salary of €4,910 per month. The entry-level salary you can expect to receive once you start working is an average of €2,260 per month. The highest you can earn after some years working in the field is an average of €7,800 per month.
Best Universities for Anthropology in Germany
Why Study Anthropology in Germany?
Germany is an excellent study destination due to its excellent quality of education; it has one of the largest economies in the world, offers an affordable cost of living and tuition, and is also a great tourist destination. Germany's best tourist attractions include Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate, Cologne Cathedral, the Black Forest, the old town of Fussen, and more.
There are plenty of reasons to choose Germany for anthropology studies. The most important are the following:
- German universities offer top-quality educational opportunities regarding anthropology degrees, and not only.
- German universities regularly receive outstanding ratings in the national and international rankings.
- Anthropology programs in Germany place a strong focus on academic networking, early independence, and international cooperation.
- Anthropology programs in Germany include numerous field trips, workshops, and internships to create unity between theory and practice.
- You can take advantage of the extensive opportunities for development and network with professionals who can impact your career progression.
- You can study anthropology in Germany at the most affordable tuition fees.
- Universities in Germany offer various scholarship opportunities to international students.
- You will work closely with faculty mentors in labs and different settings during your anthropology degree.
- You will be able to benefit from the unique insights that faculty members at German universities draw from their research and development.
- Experiential learning is essential in anthropology classes so that you will have plenty of learning opportunities beyond the classroom.
- The cost of living in Germany is quite affordable, you will need around €860 per month to cover your living expenses (not including the cost of tuition).
- Some of the best cities in Germany you can live in while pursuing your anthropology degree include Berlin, Frankfurt, Cologne, and Munich.
Best Anthropology Master's Degrees in Germany
University of Bayreuth