Study Graphic Design in Germany
The field of graphic design has now gone beyond the production of physical products and is a large part of people’s lives, whether they notice it or not. Indeed, traces of graphic design could even be seen in prehistoric cave paintings or the development of the written language. In Germany, you can study the field of graphic design at some of the best universities in Europe.
Find your program
Use this search box and filters to browse Erudera's study program database.
Studies show that from 2021 to 2031, the employment of graphic design graduates is expected to grow by 3 percent. 2021. In Germany, you will gain many skills that make you a desirable employee in many settings. Graphic designers in Germany graduate as qualified professionals that can pursue a career in the following fields:
- Design Director
- Web Designer
- Creative Designer
- Art Director
- UX Designer
- UI Designer
- Digital Marketer
- Interior and Spatial Designer
- Game Artist
Best Universities for Graphic Design in Germany
Why Study Graphic Design in Germany?
Germany is known for many elements, including low tuition, affordable cost of living, interdisciplinary approach to studies, well-networked research universities, high-quality education, and not only. In Germany, you can study graphic design in different study modes at different study levels. You can pursue an undergraduate degree in graphics design which usually takes three years of full-time study. Master’s degrees in graphic design typically take 1 to 2 years of full-time study.
Many universities in Germany deliver graphic design courses in English. You can browse universities you would like to attend and choose one that offers English-taught graphic design courses. However, even if you decide to study in English, you can attend German language courses offered by plenty of universities in Germany and boost your professional profile.
There are plenty of reasons to choose Germany for visual arts studies. Some of the most important are the following:
- German universities aim to attract the most creative minds to generate expert professionals. As such, you will be surrounded by creative and hardworking peers.
- Teaching in graphic design courses consists of different elements, including tutorials, lectures, seminars, workshops, trips, and practical training.
- In Germany, you will find graphic design programs strongly related to practice.
- The practical experience during your graphic design studies in Germany ensures a smooth transition from university lectures to the market world.
- Graphic design degrees in Germany promise a successful career pathway for the future.
- Studying graphic design in Germany means choosing to be guided by industry experts.
- The study environment in German graphic design programs is creative and innovative.
- The curriculum of graphic design programs in Germany meets contemporary digital standards and incorporates the latest technologies in the industry.
- Throughout your graphic design studies, you will work on different projects, which will help you create a portfolio that opens many career doors.
- German universities that offer graphic design programs have partnered with numerous institutions to facilitate your practical development. So, you can expect to complete internships in renowned companies or institutions that might extend a job offer.
- Germany also has excellent student cities, like Munich, Berlin, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Dresden, Bonn, and Hamburg. These cities are home to universities that offer graphic design courses.
- Graphic design graduates in Germany earn salaries that range from €1,090 to €3,760 per month.
Best Graphic Design Master's Degrees in Germany
TH Köln - University of Applied Sciences
University of Applied Sciences for Media, Communication and Management
DIPLOMA University of Applied Sciences