Study Psychology in Germany
Psychology deals with the study of mind and behavior and investigates how the mind works and its impact on behavior. The field of psychology is quite broad, and choosing to pursue a degree in the field should take a considerable amount of thought and consideration. In Germany, whichever area of psychology you choose to focus on, you will receive an excellent quality of education and training.
Find your program
Use this search box and filters to browse Erudera's study program database.
One of the most outstanding features of the psychology programs in Germany is the practice-oriented education. Psychology programs offer plenty of internship opportunities to all students, national and international. German universities have agreements with universities, hospitals, and partner organizations, allowing you to receive practical training in various settings.
Studies show that from 2021 to 2031, employment for psychology graduates is projected to grow by 6 percent. Becoming a psychologist in Germany takes time, but it is worth the effort. Usually, you need an additional three to five years of training before receiving your license. Some of the career paths you can take with a psychology degree in Germany include the following:
- Educational Psychologist
- Social Worker
- Human Resources Officer
After earning your psychology degree in Germany, you can still seek a career in other countries since you will be gaining an international qualification that makes you a highly sought-after employee worldwide.
Best Universities for Psychology in Germany
Why Study Psychology in Germany?
Psychology is the field of study that helps you become an expert in understanding and helping others. In Germany, the field of psychology is quite popular. International students come to the country and have a wide range of excellent universities for psychology studies. Psychology is quite a fascinating field of study to pursue, and features that characterize Germany’s psychology programs make it even more exciting.
Psychology programs in Germany make you an expert and qualify you for a wide range of careers because of the numerous transferable skills you gain while studying. After earning your psychology degree, you will graduate with the ability to think critically, communicate, reason, manage your time, assess, research, prioritize and solve problems.
There are plenty of reasons to choose Germany for archaeology studies. Some of the most important are the following:
- Germany is home to universities that excel in their psychology programs.
- German universities have close cooperation with different schools, institutions, and stakeholders.
- Psychology programs in Germany offer a research-led teaching curriculum.
- Living costs are affordable in Germany, with around €860 per month sufficient to cover your living expenses.
- German universities award internationally recognized psychology degrees.
- In Germany, you can remain in the country after graduation if you find a job within a year after earning your psychology degree.
- In Germany, you can pursue different areas of specialization in the field of psychology, some of which include: developmental and clinical psychology, organizational behavior and adaptive cognition, pedagogic psychology, human resources, organizational psychology, and more.
- The German government allows you to work up to 20 hours per week during your studies.
- Psychologists in Germany can earn pretty good salaries. The lowest you can make with a psychology degree in Germany is an average of €2,700 per month, while the highest is an average of €9,340 per month.
Best Psychology Master's Degrees in Germany
BSP Business School Berlin