Study Advertising in Germany
The opportunities for students with a degree in advertising in Germany are expanding exponentially, especially with the development of modern technology, where advertising has become an essential part of the internet. International students have been interested in advertising because of the many job opportunities it offers in the business, marketing, and advertising industries.
Find your program
Use this search box and filters to browse Erudera's study program database.
Most advertising graduates work in magazines, advertising agencies, newspapers, and radios. Here is how to get a career in advertising anywhere in the world:
- Get a Bachelor’s degree or higher. It is always a good idea to get proper education on media, design, and other required courses to qualify for a career in advertising.
- Find an internship. Internships during studies are the most efficient method to ensure that you find employment after graduation since most universities have partnerships with companies in the advertising industry.
- Select a field of specialization. A degree in advertising offers many career options such as marketing, social media, communications, design, etc. Therefore you must make a decision early in your experience so it can be easier for you to start a career.
Most of the advertising agencies and the field in general in Germany are turning to the digital world. Companies such as Google, Microsoft, L'Oreal, Apple, HP, Nestle, offer jobs for graduates in the field of advertising.
Some of the most popular job offers in advertising in Germany are:
- Marketing and Advertising
- Media Experts
- Account Manager
- Graphic and Media Designer
- Art Directors
- Advertising Specialists
- Advertising Experts
- Account Executive
Best Universities for Advertising in Germany
Why Study Advertising in Germany?
The advertising industry is in constant evolution in Germany, making it an in-demand industry. Therefore, international students with a degree in advertising can find a job in either of the advertising fields, including account management and graphic design. The income of the advertising industry in Germany has reached €28.4 billion as of 2021.
The benefits of getting a degree in advertising can give you the opportunity to work in different sectors such as advertising agencies, marketing, advertising companies, and media and design companies. The average salary for working in advertising in Germany is around €46,000 per year.
The advertising industry in Germany is predicted to go through a massive growth of 8.2%. One of the many advantages of working in the advertising industry in Germany is that the most used media segment in the country is the TV. Therefore, most of the income of advertising companies in Germany comes from television.
Best Advertising Master's Degrees in Germany
Accadis University Bad Homburg
Dresden University of Applied Sciences
University of Applied Sciences Wuerzburg-Schweinfurt
Free University of Berlin
Harz University of Applied Sciences
University of Applied Sciences Pforzheim