Study Human Resource Management in Germany
Human resource management is a required department in most organizations or companies. The field of human resource management is an essential aspect of the public administration sector, and most German companies and organizations tend to emphasize this role to improve business performance. Most employers ask for skilled and experienced candidates in the human resources field, considering it deals with everything from recruitment to maintaining a professional and successful workplace.
Find your program
Use this search box and filters to browse Erudera's study program database.
German companies have not completely integrated the digititalized and developed side of the HR management field, thus continuing with older and traditional strategies — since it works better for the majority. The human resource management field is a popular one, especially among international students who wish to study abroad in Germany.
German universities do not offer many bachelor programs in the field of HR management, however there are numerous master’s degree programs in this field. An alternative choice for students who want to study HR management at the undergraduate level is the business degree option which can later help you to specialize in HR management at the postgraduate level.
Studying human resource management in Germany will introduce you to a variety of the field’s aspects. Some of these include business economics, corporate governance, value-based management, and sustainable supply chain management. With a degree in HR management in Germany, one can win several job titles such as human resource assistant, payroll specialist, office manager, training coordinator, recruiter, human resources specialist, human resource manager, employee relations manager, etc.
Best Universities for Human Resource Management in Germany
Why Study Human Resource Management in Germany?
The majority of German public universities that offer programs in HR management are tuition-free for both domestic and international students. Graduates of HR degree programs are equipped with both theoretical and practical knowledge which they are required to apply in any entry-level position related to the field.
Some reasons to study human resource management in Germany include:
- Although German universities offer an expanded course program on HR management, hands-on experience prepares graduates for a successful and long career. Germany is known for the importance it places in practical experience.
- German companies often offer new employees the option to learn under specialists and get a professional training simultaneously.
- The average annual salary for employees in the HR managing departments in Germany is around €48,300.
- The pay for the average HR professional in German companies is usually increased with experience.
- Getting a degree in HR management provides students with employment opportunities in numerous fields such as business, leadership, marketing, law and more.
- The skills that an HR manager gains in large German companies or organizations can be helpful in a variety of industries worldwide.
- A large number of German universities have official and professional partnerships with companies that employ and offer internships in the HR management field.
- There are more than 1,000 companies in Germany currently offering jobs for recent HR management degree graduates.
Best Human Resource Management Master's Degrees in Germany
PFH Private University of Applied Sciences
Fresenius University of Applied Sciences
Technical University of Applied Sciences Luebeck
Technical University of Brandenburg
Private University of Applied Sciences for Business and Technology-PHWT