Software Engineering in Germany
Software Engineering deals with the analysis of user requirements and then building, designing, maintaining, and testing computer software. In Germany, the field of Software Engineering has grown in popularity and the demand for Software Engineering specialists has increased notably. Germany has technical universities that regularly take top positions in university rankings which prepare you to meet the demands of the job market after graduation.
Through Software Engineering degree programs in Germany, you will develop an understanding of current technologies, and adapt to emerging technologies. In addition to this, you will develop specialist knowledge of databases, information systems, programming languages, software design, and not only.
Best Universities for Software Engineering in Germany
Why Study Software Engineering in Germany?
Germany brings together students of different backgrounds and professions from all over the world because of its numerous attributes.
Here are some reasons why you should study software engineering in Germany:
- Academic excellence. German universities offer Software Engineering programs that lead to internationally recognized qualifications. These universities focus on leadership, analytics, and innovation. Software Engineering classes are international and German universities are known for working with experts who will guide you in various Software Engineering techniques.
- English-taught courses. Software Engineering programs in German universities are not only offered in German but in English as well. If you choose to attend a university where English is the language of instruction you must provide proof of English proficiency (if English is not your native language) through TOEFL, IELTS, or other test scores.
- Affordable fees. You will have the opportunity of benefiting from the academic excellence offered in German universities at quite affordable rates. Depending on the type of university you choose to attend (public or private) you can expect to pay only an administrative fee between €100 to €350, at public universities.
- Skill development. Internships, workshops, and team projects will impact your skill development which will then impact the future of your career. During your studies, you will develop your analytical, problem-solving, multitasking, and coding skills. With a degree in Software Engineering, you can work as an IT Consultant, Game Developer, Applications Developer, Web Developer, Web Designer, Multimedia Programmer, etc.
- Work in a range of industries. Software Engineering graduates can find work in various organizations including information technology, financial services, media, healthcare, manufacturing, government, etc. Some of the cities that offer the best Software Engineering jobs in Germany are Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart, and Hamburg.
- Generous salary. Software Engineering graduates around the world receive some of the highest salaries. In Germany, you can expect to earn from €40,000 to €100,000 per year after you earn your Software Engineering degree. Normally, your salary will increase as you gain more experience.
Best Software Engineering Master's Degrees in Germany
University of Sussex