Study Visual Arts in Germany
Germany has many elements that inspire artistic spirits, providing an excellent environment for all those who wish to study visual arts. Apart from the marvelous, inspiring features, Germany also has universities that stand out in global rankings, allowing you to earn a degree from a highly-regarded university.
Find your program
Use this search box and filters to browse Erudera's study program database.
Earning a degree in visual arts in Germany can lead you to an exciting career. As you will be exposed to different courses throughout your studies, you will qualify for several career opportunities. With additional education, a visual arts career in Germany can secure you a job as:
- Product Designer
- Museum Director
- Interior Decorator
- Courtroom Stech Artist A
- Art Editor
- Art Consultant
The skills you develop as a visual arts student in Germany make you an ideal candidate for many career opportunities and, ultimately, for lucrative salaries as well. As there are many professions you can choose from when graduating, your salary potential may differ from one job to another.
Best Universities for Visual Arts in Germany
Why Study Visual Arts in Germany?
If you are wondering what makes visual arts programs in Germany any special from others countries, consider the affordable cost of tuition. Unlike in many other European countries, public universities that offer visual arts programs in Germany are pretty affordable because international students only pay administrative fees.
Furthermore, Germany has numerous artistic sites you can visit during your time in the country. Some interesting creative places in the country include the Bearer of Light, Elbehochwasser 2002 Memorial, Sweet Brown Snail, Molecule Men, Silent Green Kulturquartier, Statue of Uta von Ballensted, Artpark Tegel and many more.
There are plenty of reasons to choose Germany for visual arts studies. Some of the most important are the following:
- Universities in Germany have an excellent reputation around the world.
- You will develop theoretical, conceptual, and technical skills that will lead to a successful career in your chosen field.
- You will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and complete your artwork in mediums like painting, glass, jewellery, ceramics, print media, sculpture, and screen arts.
- Professional artists, curators and writers will teach you visual arts and share their expertise, providing technical support and guidance in using different equipment safely.
- Projects on which you will work throughout your studies will expand your knowledge of the potentialities of visual arts.
- The cost of a visual arts degree in Germany is more affordable than in many other European countries. Public universities charge no tuition fees if you do not count administrative fees.
- German universities offer practical, contemporary and international bachelor’s and master’s degrees in visual arts.
- Career centers at German universities provide support during and after your studies by helping you find good job opportunities.
- Universities in Germany have exceptional media libraries where you can access work that might not be easy to access.
- The artistic training in Germany’s visual arts programs is characterized by an encouraging and open atmosphere.
- Throughout your studies, you will complete different project work in different classes, which will help you develop practical skills.
- Partnerships of German universities with different institutions will allow you to complete internships, develop your artistic skills even more, and build your portfolio.