Study Digital Marketing in Germany
The ongoing development of modern technology in the world has introduced and emphasized the importance of making everything digital, including the field of marketing. German companies are constantly asking for new employees in the field of digital marketing since it is an industry with great growth potential. Around 70% of German businesses and buyers use online platforms to research before purchasing an item, which further reinforces the importance of digital marketing.
Find your program
Use this search box and filters to browse Erudera's study program database.
The latest trend in digital marketing is search engine optimization which helps all marketing professionals jump into the newest skills needed for the industry. The German market is constantly requiring new employees to have some SEO skills, although with new developments it has become a mandatory requirement for companies to have a successful marketing strategy.
Except for experience and learned digital marketing skills, most German employers appreciate applicants who show a willingness to adapt to new marketing trends, have talent, creativity, and the ability to demonstrate great interest. Getting a bachelor’s or master’s degree in digital marketing in Germany can open the door for international students to work anywhere in the world with the acquired skills during their studies.
Best Universities for Digital Marketing in Germany
Why Study Digital Marketing in Germany?
The possibilities for digital marketing graduates in Germany are expanding daily and rapidly, thus making this industry one of the most popular for international students. The quality and reputation of German universities offer students the opportunity to be part of an excellent community of graduates.
Here’s a few reasons on why studying digital marketing in Germany is a great idea:
- According to Education News + Reviews (WENR), students graduating in Germany have shown results higher than average when compared to other countries.
- The average salary for jobs in digital marketing in Germany is around €41,700 to €53,000 per year.
- Germany is ranked ninth among countries with the highest usage of smartphones and social media which enables the digital marketing industry to have a successful market delivery to the target audience.
- According to World Education News + Reviews, 11.7% of German university students are from other countries, making it an attractive destination.
- By 2019, the e-commerce market in Germany was around $108.2 billion, thus graduating in the digital marketing field will largely benefit you in your future career plans.
- Digital marketing graduates can get a job in any of the following big companies: Google, Nestle, L’Oreal, Microsoft, Apple, HP, and more.
Working in the field of digital marketing offers you the option to work remotely as a freelancer and join free courses offered by numerous German universities. After completing master's studies in digital marketing, there are numerous specialization options available including digital marketing, strategic marketing, international marketing, etc.
The possibilities of pursuing a career in digital marketing are increasing yearly, and some of the job opportunities include content strategists, UX designers, social media content creators, and marketing specialists.